Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Blush Lion without hair


Bento No. 51
 Ever wonder why it is a blush lion without hair??  There is a nursery rhyme that goes like this......

"Down by the bay, where the watermelon grows
Back to my home, I dare not go
For if I do, my mother will say
Have you ever see a bear (lion) without any hair
Down by the bay...."

Haha, my improvised version of the song.  It has to do with the cheese.  I bought the laughing cow brand of sandwich cheese and only to discover that it melts quickly under room temperature.  Hence, it is not a good idea to make cute cutouts from this type of cheese.  I should stick to President cheese which is more pricey.

It is a really light sandwich lunch with fried egg and cheese together with some cherry tomatoes and cucumber.  I throw in his favourite yogurt and Australia summer orange plum in his bag.  My boy knows all the goodies are stored in the fridge and his little muscle has become strong enough to open it too.  My fridge literally 'opens and shuts' all the time because of his favourite yogurt!

No comments: