Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Teddy Bear


Bento No. 50
It rains the whole night! But I like the cool weather here.  Oh, this is what my boy's request; a teddy bear bento.  Since he did not like white rice, I used brown rice to make the teddy.  The face is pressed from onigiri mould and other parts of the body are shaped by hands. The muzzle, paws and ears are made of cheese that pressed out from different sizes of straws (which I learned it from Yum-Yum bento).  And a star for his little tummy!  Isn't it cute?  I thought so despite my picture did not turn out as good as it should be.  It is hard to please the little ones though... My son suddenly changed his mind instead asking for a goat bento.  OMG!!

Anyway, he has blanced broccolli, stirred fried chicken breast with Shimeji mushroom and carrots. Plus, orange and pumpkin soup in separate containers.  Guess what, the lunchbox came back 'flooded' in its mushy leftover soup and rice.  This is the result of teacher pouring soup over the rice when feeding.

No comments: