Friday, June 10, 2011

Doggie

Bento No. 86
This is the first time I made Japanese gyoza dumplings which I followed Maki's receipe (http://www.justhungry.com/2004/08/is_my_blog_burn.html).  Unfortunately, I could not find gyoza skin in the NTUC supermarket and instead I used shanghai dumplings skin.  I still has not perfected the skill of cooking the gyoza that yield a crispy side.  It is a bit soft, probably suitable for my boy's palate.  But it is tasty as good as those sold in Japanese restaurant!  I still has some frozen ones in my freezer.  I shall try it agin.

I packed two gyoza into his lunchbox together with fried egg with long bean. Plus a doggie ongiri and oranges aside.

3 comments:

Food For Tots said...

I haven't made gyoza before. I guess the plating part must be quite challenging. Yours looks great even though it's your first attempt.

KidsDreamWork said...

Big and small doggies, both have a bones each! Cute :)

Dragonfly said...

LK, ya, it is. Thank you but mine does not look like gyoza but more like chinese dumpling.

KidsDreamWork, Sorry I don't know how I should address u. Thanks!