Friday, November 4, 2011

Sponge Bob and Dragonfly


Bento No. 144

Bento No. 145
 The first bento was a Sponge Bob created from corn loaf.  I had this idea when I saw his tootbrush with the image on it.  I think it looks a bit spooky here.... that he said he don't want the Sponge Bob lunch. Haha. But he finished his lunch anyway!  He has egg mayo spread in his sandwich, some carrot stick, cucumber, strawberries and kiwi.  

The second bento is made with brown rice.  I suddenly thought it is a perfect colour to make bugs!  Its eyes are made of carrot flowers and the wings are snow pea.  The only problem I have is how to pin the wings down firmly.  After struggling for a while, I inserted two leaf foodpicks through it.  It works! My son loves eggs very much which is evident from the bento above. Here, he has stirred fried snow pea/carrots with chicken breast, hard-boiled soya egg, strawberries and kiwi.

Coincidentally, my blog is also named "Dragonfly bento box".  I chose it because the most luxury and expensive jewellery I owned is from Tiffany; a dragonfly pendant necklace and a pair of dragonfly earrings.  It was a birthday gift from my hubby many years ago.  Why dragonfly and not butterfly?  One is beautiful, always in the limelight and relax.  Whilst the other is not so glamorous, hardly anyone would notice it and busy.  Well, I guess the latter kind of resembles me. ;)

No comments: