Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Snow Leopard


Bento No. 172
I was flattered that my best friend (also my childhood friend) actually read my blog.  I always thought she has no time to check out my blog or rather does not bother at all ;) I was wrong in fact. And we have fixed a playdate on 14th March 2011 at my house.  It has been quite a while since the last time we met up.

Today, my boy has ham and cheese sandwich using black sesame bread Papa bought from Yamazaka Bakery.  I created a snow leopard using a bear sandwich cutter.  The idea comes from this American children TV series "Zooboomafoo" which starts every morning at 10am at okto.  It showcases different type of animals with a talking lemur. Initially, I told my son that it is a 'sloth' but Papa corrected me that it cannot be a sloth if it is jumping all over the place! Indeed I made a mistake but I learnt too.   My boy has only 10 minutes to catch glimpse of the TV before he leaves home for school.  But he is happy even for 10 minutes.  Besides the ham and cheese bread, there are lettues, carrot/cucumber stick, dragonfruit, green grapes and a packet of chocolate milk.  Needless to say, he finished his lunch.


Last two days, I was busy hunting for another preschool for my boy as we have considered at great length and very carefully that it is too expensive and out of our budget.  Notwithstanding the fact that it is a good premium school, with dedicated teachers, great curriculum and environment.  Here are two other bentos I prepared for the last two days; crabstick sushi and gyoza with soba.

No comments: