Thursday, May 3, 2012

Honey mustard chicken sandwich roll

Bento No. 191
Yesterday, I managed to find a parking lot at the school's driveway.  Usually, it will be full but I was lucky!  I have been parking at the underground carpark at Tanglin PO Office for the last two years because the tenant of the building has generously set the grace period for a 20 minutes which gave me ample time to walk my son right to the school's door step.  With the new tenant came on board, the grace period was changed to 10 minutes in line with any other carparks.  Such a shame!  At the driveway, it can get really congested during a class dismissal.  However, it is fine in the mid-morning because I can drop off my son with the teachers at the driveway who are on standby to pick up the kids.

My son helped to make egg tarts during their Life skills lessons yesterday afternoon.  Egg tart is his favourite!  One parent offered her child's share because her son cannot take wheat flour - gluten! What is gluten?  Below is an extract I found in internet.

Gluten is a composite formed from several different proteins. It is found most commonly in wheat and other related grains, such as barley and rye. Adding texture and a characteristic chewiness to baked goods, gluten is used in a wide variety of other foods as a thickener and binder, flavor enhancer, and protein supplement. Some people can develop an intolerance to these proteins, however; a gluten-free diet often helps to alleviate symptoms caused by this intolerance and prevents further damage to the body.

I am blessed that my boy does not have any allergic or intolerance to any kinds of food. 

Today, I made honey mustart chicken sandwich roll with corn bread, cucumber, tomatoes and roast chicken as the fillings.  And I packed some apples, strawberry and a small packet of milo for his lunch.  My boy is a soup person.  And he asked me "Today, don't have soup?".  I smiled :)

No comments: