Thursday, May 17, 2012

Jake and the Neverland Pirates


Bento No. 199
This is my first attempt making a person's face for his bento.  It is his favourite Disney TV series - Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  To whom has followed my blog, you will notice that his lunchbox are mainly animal theme because that is his first love!  Jake is one of the character in the show and my boy likes to pretend he is "Jake".  Recently, it kept advertising for a 'Dress Up' contest and they even has a website http://www.disneyjunior-asia.com/grown-ups/char_jake.html providing ideas for hosting a Jake and Neverland Pirates Birthday Party.   My son requested two things from me.  First, he wanted to participate in the 'Dress up' contest and second, is Jake bento.   I did the latter.  We have some leftover braised pork belly with egg and brown rice from yesterday dinner. It is just nice to pack it into his lunchbox so that I can focus on this "Jake" which is made of emmental cheese, nori and carrot.  It took me more than half an hour to get the image done!  Are you able to spot the sword?  The rest of the stuff are blanched cauliflowers, carrots, green peas, strawberry and kiwi.  Comments from litte one: "So much, can't finish!" and "I want to show off to my friends".

But for the 'Dress Up' contest, I got him a red scarf from Daiso and I am cracking my head how to make the costume for him.   Sewing is not my forte and I learned it only in secondary school during my home economics lesson.  I still have a sewing machine in the storeroom.  It was one of the household items my husband considered useful when we just got married.  It has been an white elephant since.  Perhaps, I should use cardboards and papers instead haha!

2 comments:

Food For Tots said...

The "Jake" looks so real!! Worth every effort you put in but a waste to go into the stomach. ;)

Dragonfly said...

Thanks! True, but I am happy he finished it hehe