Friday, December 7, 2012

Playground


Playgrounds - this is one of the inexpensive and absolutely free play I love bringing my boy.  We have couple of playgrounds within walking distance from our home but my son particularly fond of the sandplay at Sun Plaza Park, Tampines.  This park, however, is neither near or very far from my house.  By foot, it would take about 20 minutes.  Today, I decided to cycle to the park together with my son and doggie since he is proficient in his two wheels (apart from the scary experience earlier).  Before I set off in the morning, I put Nitro in the shopping bag that was secured on our foldable bike.  I have walked Nitro to the park previously and he was panting heavily due to the heat and distance. In order not to stress my toybreed dog, this would be the first time I gave him a 'lift' to the park on my bike.  And I also reminded my son on traffic rules and directions. 

It was a smooth trip there despite worrying that my furball would fall out of the shopping bag or my son would veer off the route again.  A large group of older kids from a student care center were seen playing but they left shortly after we arrived.  My boy enjoyed himself although he played pretty much on his own.  But later, a boy of his age came to join in the fun.  While my son was busy with his sandplay, I walked my dog before tied him on a bench to cool off. 

A great outdoor fun for both my son and doggie!

Linking up with The Gingerbread Mum :-





Looking bored being tied up

Building sandcastles

Swing

Rope climbing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Playgrounds are the best inventions ever, especially the sandy ones. I wish there were more playgrounds around my place. Lucky you to be so close to several playgrounds!

Dragonfly said...

Totally agreed! It is hard and rare to find one of these sandy ones. Wish you a merry christmas :)