Thursday, July 25, 2013

Beetroot chicken wrap

 
Sorry, this is not exactly a bento by itself.  My boy had his lunch at home most of the time before he goes to school.  Furthermore, he's not interested in charaben anymore.  And I have not thought of how to organise it :P 

I prepared chicken wrap (thinly spread with ketchup first) with pan-fried chicken thigh, green pepper, tomato, Japanese cucumber and roasted beetroot.  Generously topped with mozzarella cheese and drizzled honey mustard sauce before wrapping.  Then toast it in the oven for 5 minutes.  Plus a bowl of beetroot soup which I followed the receipe from here.  Yeah, it's all about beetroot!!  For the leftover beetroot, I made some beetroot pickles (boiled with vinegar and sugar).  I first tasted beetroot pickles during our trip to Darwin Australia. We bought ham and cheese sandwiches with beetroot pickles at Coles supermarket.   I love the bright ruby red hue and the sweetness with a little earthy taste!  Needless to say, I am going to make some ham and beetroot sandwiches next week. :))  As for the soup, it may look scary due to the bloody red colour.  My boy's reaction was - "It's yucky, Mummy!".  With some coaxing, he drank and finished the bowl of soup.  Not too bad after all.

Afterwhich, he cleared the utensils on the table and wiped it clean.  I began to train him to clean up his mess after a meal.  He did a good job! 


I'm a good boy, Mama!