Thursday, April 24, 2014

Flowering

Bento # 333
The bento was actually a red pepper flower with egg white which I piped some ketchup on it.  Leaves were slices of Japanese cucumber.  Underneath he had fried ee-fu mee with spring onion, cabbage and carrots.

In Singapore, after a long dry spell in March, we had sudden downpour of rainfall that triggered unusual mass flowering. We have never experienced such a weather phenomenon in my whole life here. The brown grass patch magically turned green the next day after the rain. 

We spotted a few trees that are flowering in our neighbourhood.  One of which, I jokingly told my son that it looks like lollipops on the trees (since I did not know what was the correct name at that moment).  We had a good laugh and began counting the numbers of such trees.  Upon checking the internet, these trees are known as Xanthostemon chrysanthus (Golden Penda).  It was such a pretty sight!



Xanthostemon chrysanthus


Golden Penda






No comments: