Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Shoebox Angry Bird Star Wars and a DIY catapult


 
There was a book sale at Giant last week. And I saw a very hilarious Angry Birds star wars book which creatively renamed all characters as Red Skywalker, Princess Stella Organa, Yoda Bird, Obi-Wan Kaboomi, R2-EGG2, C-3PYOLK, Terebacca, Chuck 'Ham' Solo, Lard Vader and Emperor Piglatine.  It was going for only S$5! Definitely a steal not to be missed. Needless to say, I bought it for my boy because I remember he asked me to buy a similar book at Times bookshop which cost me more thann S$20.  And I rejected his request flat.  He was elated to receive the book after school.
 

 
 
We did one of the activity - create a miniature model of a space scene.  Besides the characters we cut out from the book, all you need to have are :-
 
  • Shoebox
  • Paints - Colour black for the space
  • Star stickers       )- Decorate inside with star stickers or cut outs planets
  • Colour papers    )
  • Glitters - Create a meteror shower
  • Sewing Thread/tape)- To hang the pig tiefighters from the roof of the box using tape & thread
 
 


 


To inject more fun, I DIY a catapult using pencils, ice-cream stick, rubber bands and a bottle cap.   However, Papa disapproved the idea of using pencils and dismantled our first catapult.  I was quite pissed off with him for not able to show due respect of what we had built.  Afterwhich, my boy has been asking me about the catapult.  So I ransacked our kitchen and found some disposal chopstick which I thought could work equally well!  Not so excited as the scene in computer games.  Nevertheless, it was quite entertaining.  He has a ball of fun trying to shoot the targets using aluminium foil balls.




Built with pencils
Use disposable chopsticks

No comments: