Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Banana walnut cake


The bananas that laid on my dining table was overly ripe with honey spots.  The first thought came to my mind was to bake a banana walnut cake.  Moreover, there was half a packet of walnuts left inside the kitchen's cabinet. My first attempt baking a banana cake has not been satisfactory.  It was tad too dry.  But this was my best banana walnut cake I ever baked.  It was moist, soft, nutty and not overly sweet.  This cake was baked two weeks ago and I absolutely love it. Although my boy did not like the taste of walnuts, he ate the cake nevertheless since banana was his favourite fruit.  I even packed a slice for his snack in school. 
 
 
 


Receipe adapted from Christein's Receipe.

Ingredients:
  • 100 g butter, soften, room temperature
  • 90 g brown sugar
  • 200 g ripe bananas, mashed (I used 2 large bananas)
  • 2 eggs (120 g), whisked
  • 50 ml milk
  • 120 g cake flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 55 gm walnuts, roughly chopped

It really easy to bake.  Just remember not to over stir the batter.


No comments: